Illustrator / Ypsilanti, MI
The work of Mary Winkler (aka Acrylicana) is vivid and whimsical. It's often child-like in theme, depicting sweets, fanciful creatures and rainbows as well as exploring the world of fashion and garment in illustrated form. Done in a variety of media, including digital, acrylic, watercolour and ink, Mary's work is pop art, graphic and, for lack of a better word, sparkly. Her work is painted on canvas, a variety of papers or printed by way of giclee ink jet or silk screen (usually onto fabric for pouches/bags). Mary studied Illustration at College for Creative Studies in Detroit, Michigan.
- Illustrator Errors: 4 Quick Tips to Limit Lag and Crashing
- Tuts+ Community Challenge: Created by You, August Edition
- How to Create Animated Vector Icons in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- So You Want to Be an Apparel Designer?
- Leapin' Lizards! Create a Chameleon Pattern in Adobe Illustrator
- Tuts+ Community Challenge: Created by You, July Edition
- So You Want to Be a Gallery Artist?
- How to Paint a Delicious Fruit Tart Icon in Krita
- Tuts+ Community Challenge: Created by You, June Edition
- The A to Z of CorelDRAW
- What Time Is It? It's Create Icons in Adobe Illustrator Time!
- So You Want to Be a Print Designer?