Illustrator / Ypsilanti, MI
The work of Mary Winkler (aka Acrylicana) is vivid and whimsical. It's often child-like in theme, depicting sweets, fanciful creatures and rainbows as well as exploring the world of fashion and garment in illustrated form. Done in a variety of media, including digital, acrylic, watercolour and ink, Mary's work is pop art, graphic and, for lack of a better word, sparkly. Her work is painted on canvas, a variety of papers or printed by way of giclee ink jet or silk screen (usually onto fabric for pouches/bags). Mary studied Illustration at College for Creative Studies in Detroit, Michigan.
- How to Create a Surreal Poster Design in CorelDRAW
- Say "Hey Spring!" With This Colorful Vector Text Design in Adobe Illustrator
- Create a Limited Color Vintage Poster Design in Adobe Illustrator
- Create an Art Nouveau-Inspired Robot Design in CorelDRAW
- How to Create Custom Brushes to Render Fur in Adobe Photoshop
- So You Want to Be a Freelance Graphic Designer?
- To the Point: Interview With Ioana Șopov
- Create a Set of Fun Chat Stickers in Adobe Illustrator
- To the Point: Interview With Rod Hunt
- So You Want to Be a Freelance Illustrator?
- To the Point: Interview With Monika Zagrobelna
- Tuts+ Community Challenge: Created by You, February Round