Illustrator / Ypsilanti, MI
The work of Mary Winkler (aka Acrylicana) is vivid and whimsical. It's often child-like in theme, depicting sweets, fanciful creatures and rainbows as well as exploring the world of fashion and garment in illustrated form. Done in a variety of media, including digital, acrylic, watercolour and ink, Mary's work is pop art, graphic and, for lack of a better word, sparkly. Her work is painted on canvas, a variety of papers or printed by way of giclee ink jet or silk screen (usually onto fabric for pouches/bags). Mary studied Illustration at College for Creative Studies in Detroit, Michigan.
- How to Create a Children's Flat Animal Pattern in Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2015: New Features for Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Mobile Apps
- Tuts+ Community Journal Project: Mustache Doodles
- Tuts+ Community Challenge: Created by You, May Round
- To the Point: Interview With Michelle Romo
- So You Want to Be an Art Director?
- To the Point: An Interview With Dan LuVisi
- Free Alternatives to Adobe Creative Cloud
- How to Use the Mesh Fill Tool in CorelDRAW
- Tuts+ Community Challenge: Created by You, April Round
- So You Want to Be an Animator?
- To the Point: An Interview With Chad Sell