Illustrator / Ypsilanti, MI
The work of Mary Winkler (aka Acrylicana) is vivid and whimsical. It's often child-like in theme, depicting sweets, fanciful creatures and rainbows as well as exploring the world of fashion and garment in illustrated form. Done in a variety of media, including digital, acrylic, watercolour and ink, Mary's work is pop art, graphic and, for lack of a better word, sparkly. Her work is painted on canvas, a variety of papers or printed by way of giclee ink jet or silk screen (usually onto fabric for pouches/bags). Mary studied Illustration at College for Creative Studies in Detroit, Michigan.
- How to Install and Use Brushes in Adobe Illustrator
- How to Create a Chibi Lollipop and Lullaby Munchkin in Adobe Illustrator
- Tuts+ Community Challenge: Created by You, October Edition
- Illustrator Errors: Fixing PDF Errors
- So You Want to Be a Convention Artist?
- Illustrator Errors: Quick Tips to Solve Saving Errors
- Tuts+ Community Challenge: Created by You, September Edition
- Using Color Palettes to Create Identity in Artwork
- So You Want to Be a Game Artist?
- Illustrator Errors: Fixing the Disappearing Pencil Tool Preview
- Eat Your Veggies! Create a Vegetable Pattern in Adobe Illustrator
- How to Use the Mesh Tool in CorelDRAW