Illustrator / Ypsilanti, MI
The work of Mary Winkler (aka Acrylicana) is vivid and whimsical. It's often child-like in theme, depicting sweets, fanciful creatures and rainbows as well as exploring the world of fashion and garment in illustrated form. Done in a variety of media, including digital, acrylic, watercolour and ink, Mary's work is pop art, graphic and, for lack of a better word, sparkly. Her work is painted on canvas, a variety of papers or printed by way of giclee ink jet or silk screen (usually onto fabric for pouches/bags). Mary studied Illustration at College for Creative Studies in Detroit, Michigan.
- Envato Tuts+ Community Challenge: Created by You, February Edition
- 10 Top Tips for Creating Cute Kawaii Art
- How to Create Mooncake and Dim Sum Icons for Chinese New Year
- International Artist Feature: Russia
- How to Create a Beauty-Inspired Illustration in Adobe Illustrator
- 10 Top Tips for Creating Retro-Inspired Designs
- International Artist Feature: Germany
- So You Want to Be a Packaging Designer?
- Envato Tuts+ Community Challenge: Created by You, January Edition
- What is Pixel Art?
- International Artist Feature: Spain
- How to Use and Edit Vector Stock Patterns in Adobe Illustrator